Thursday, July 23, 2009

Spa Day

So I was in line at Jason's Deli yesterday when an older lady in front of me brought my attention to 7 children (yes, I counted) sitting at a table together. She specifically pointed out one little girl who was tipping her chair back on 2 legs. She said to me, "Look at that little girl, she is going to fall, where are their mothers?"

I already knew where the 3 mamas were, they were pushing strollers through the line to get food. It just really rubbed me the wrong way... I wanted to respond "I'm sure they're at the spa."

So when you see kids sitting at a table alone, or being out-of-hand, or running ahead, it's not because I'm under a table chasing after another kid, or carrying a pool bag, diaper bag, gym bag, and a toddler. It's not because my hands are full with 4 lunches and 3 drinks. It's not because I'm changing a dirty diaper for the 15th time that day, or better yet running to the potty every 15 minutes so we don't soil our Elmo underwear, therefore causing me to have to clean out crappy pants at a restaurant or anywhere for that matter. It's because I have decided to let the children fend for themselves while I have a spa day, so there.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE it!! :) You go girl! I always pray that I'm the "older" woman that remembers "those days" and is an encouragement or help to a mama with her hands full of kids, stuff or the hair she just pulled out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. F-ing hilarious. Have I put you on my blog roll? I'm gonna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! LOL. Like I (we) don't have my hands full enough, I have to worry about what random strangers think about me too. Don't you love how everyone else is a critic?

    ReplyDelete