Monday, August 24, 2009

One Year Ago Today

One year ago today...

  • I decided I was going to change for myself and my family.
  • I put two feet on the ARC trainer and lasted ten minutes before wanting to DIE!
  • I ate 2547 calories.
  • I HATED Diet drinks, diet foods (well, I call them diet... AKA, healthy) ;)
  • I weighed 259 pounds.
  • I wore a size 24-26... Online shopping and Lane Bryant were the only choice.
  • My kids had never heard the word exercise, much less understood it.
  • I was not sure this would last, I just had to hope.
  • I was not proud of my body.

Here are the embarrassing pics of the OLD ME:

Today...
  • I am still changing each day... I have a long way to go.
  • I work out 5-6 days a week for at least an hour.
  • I have run a 4 and a 5 mile race. (And I didn't come in last!)
  • I usually eat about 1500- 1600 calories.
  • I ONLY drink diet pop, I also love vegetables, fiber bars, and many other things I used to loathe!
  • I have lost 67 pounds! (48 pounds left)
  • I just bought a pair of jeans from the GAP, size 14! (Had to return the 16's, they kept falling down!!!)
  • When my kids see the sneakers, they know it's time to go to the Y. Cole says the East Y is his favorite.
  • I know this will last, but the battle faces me each day as I chose to eat well and go to the gym. Getting there is the hardest part.
  • I am proud of my still very imperfect body that can do more than I ever dreamed it could. I thank God for legs that can run, arm that can lift weights, a flabby tummy that has carried two babies, stretch marks, and lovely curves.

So lift your Diet Coke with me, and lets say "Cheers to a year of change!"

13 comments:

  1. You look awesome Mandy! Congratulations on the dedication, which I think is the hardest part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you could do it! I remember you telling me at the park one day that you had a year until your reunion and you wanted to lose some weight before then. I also remember you looking at me like I was crazy when I told you to join the Y. ;) Here you are a year later and going strong. Yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you and all your hard work. You are changing the lives and future of your boys as well! Way to go!!

    Kenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great, I am so proud of you. You are amazing how you manage to keep working out as your life continues to get busier! Congrats, you've come so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a lot in common, which I why I started reading your blog. I have lost 65 pounds this year, joined the Y, started running and lifting weights...I blog about it once in a while. I think you can link to my blog from Heather's. Congrats. You look great. Isn't it great to buy fourteens? I LOVED it when I could start shopping somewhere other than Lane Bryant! It is bittersweet though... I kind of misse Lane Bryant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So inspiring, friend. Much to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mandy, I am so proud of you. And inspired! I know how hard it is. It's been great to see your progress along the way. I got a little choked up reading this because I've been sitting here and thinking to myself- ok... I have a year until my reunion... Amelia just turned one... I am going to do what Mandy did. I'm going to start. And, guess when I started... Monday! So, reading this as I was ending day one and thinking what a long way I have to go... it was good. Really good. YEAH for you! I just had to come back and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome, Mandy! I agree with what everyone else has said... it's inspiring to watch you juggle so much business in your life, but still make time to take care of yourself and work towards your goals. I really hope to follow in your footsteps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, you go girl!!!! : ) You look amazing and I know with your attitude you will make it to your goal in no time! Here's to you Mandy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such good work Mandy; way to keep it up! A great journey for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete