Wednesday, November 4, 2009


Happy 2nd Birthday Carter Boo!



It's really hard for me to believe that 2 years ago I was waiting for a little baby to come along. Now you spend your time monkeying around at My Gym with your daddy.




Two years ago, this was the only little boy in our life, and we weren't sure if our hearts or our home was big enough. Turns out it is.... and this little boy ♥ you more than the world (well, come to think of it, so do your daddy and I!)


In fact, lots of people love you...


... more than you may ever realize.

There are a few moments in your life when "it's all about you," like the moment when I held my breath after delivering you wondering if you would breathe on your own, if you were healthy, if... and then the doctor hands me a 6-week premature, healthy, and beautiful little boy.

Our wishes for your life are huge, and endless.



We will always be there to hold your hand when you need it,



but we may let you fall sometimes also. Please know, falling is a part of growing up. We will always pray that your fall will be very soft (and we do our best to cushion the blow)...


On your second birthday, may your life have as much happiness as there are bubbles. May your dreams be big, and your wishes come true. May you always love life, and know that we always love you the most. Happy Birthday Boo!

3 comments:

  1. Awwww, HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY CARTER! Your post was really sweet, even made my eyes tear up a little!! I didn't know he was born 6 weeks early, I would have never guessed. I'm so happy he's a health, happy little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Carter Boo! I am so so sad we missed it... hpoefully one day we will be close enough that we never have to miss birthdays! We love you soooo much! We are a few of those people that love you more than you will ever know!

    ReplyDelete