Thursday, June 18, 2009

So Busy


It seems like since summer hit we have just been so busy, but I don't want you to think I have given up on blogging, so I will try and do better. I am not going to go too far back... it would just be frustrating to think of how long it's been, but here are some highlights...

1. We celebrated Cole's Birthday at the ballpark. It was really a great time. I got all of the kiddos a baseball cap with their initial on it for their party favor. Here is a pic of the crew before we went into the game.


2. We had our annual garage sale. Although I always have this dread right before it starts that it won't be worth it, we made really good money again this year. Hopefully enough to get us through the summer and to redo our kitchen floors.

3. I have been training pretty hard for my race on Saturday. I am having terrible pain in my toenails of all things, so I went out and spent a pretty penny on real running shoes. I even went to a store where they professionally fitted me. The guy that did my fitting runs 6-8 miles per day... sounds qualified to me. I wore them yesterday for the first time and cut 2 minutes off of my mile. That's a lot! I hope I can hold a pace close to that for Saturday. I will be happy with any time under 1 hour.

4. Finally we have been swim, swim, swimming! We have been going to our friend K's house every day to swim for a couple of hours, and my do I have water bugs on my hands. Cole is able to walk in the shallow end, and he can paddle everywhere with a floaty. Carter slides in on his belly wherever he feels like it, and always trusts that someone is going to be there to catch him!

So there you have it, a quick recap of the last couple of weeks. Oh how I love summer.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on Saturday Mandy! I opted to skip this race, but I really wanted to see you finish it. I'll be looking forward to the pictures.

    ReplyDelete