Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"We're Going to Sing to My Candles!"

That's right today we sang "Happy Birthday" to Cole's 3 candles. What a fun day, and an amazing year with this little boy.


A quick recap of the day...

We started the morning with a little gift so he could understand that today was his birthday. Here he is opening "daddy shoes" aka: flip flops. Cole will be a man after any girls heart, because he LOVES trying on shoes, and he loves you even more when you buy him a pair. You will see later in the day he receives 2 more pairs of shoes, and he has worn all 3 pairs already.


We headed off to the Y, but stopped off a Krispy Kreme and picked up mini doughnuts for all of his friends in the Kid Zone... a better birthday breakfast than a Nutri Grain bar if I do say so myself.

After the Y, we headed to get professional birthday pictures taken. I am lucky to have a summer and a winter baby because it gives me an excuse to spend insane amounts to capture my kiddos faces in time. (Cole received his 2nd new pair of shoes here.) So the best I can say is, we survived the photos. I am glad they shoot so many because Carter would not sit still for a second. Cole on the other hand was quite cooperative. Since they took so many shots, we got some good ones, but by the looks of the pics, you would thing it was easy... IT WAS NOT!

Next we met daddy at a pizza buffet for lunch (as you can see health food was not a theme today) and we had a relaxing lunch, followed by a nap, and some quick errands.

Then, for dinner we had our little party at Red Robin. I love eating there... good food, frequent Birthday celebrations, and no one notices your children acting like maniacs. Perfect.
We ordered our dinner then opened a couple of gifts from mommy and daddy, and some good friends. Here is a gift recap:

A weedwacker that sprays water!
A baseball mitt with a baseball.

Pair of shoes #3, Crocs with Jibbitz.



We ended dinner with a yummy babycake and some singing, then headed home.


When we got home we went out back and tested the new toys (and shoes), and then ended the evening with a run to Sonic for a free Root beer Float. Yum!

(The first unorganized game of baseball in our backyard.)


My brain feels too fried tonight to recap the whole year, so I will try and do that soon, but for now...

Happy Birthday Cole Thane Anderson. Three years ago I could have never understood how a six pound baby boy could change our lives, but you have been nothing other than a blessing everyday. Daddy and I "love you the most"! Happy Birthday.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Cole! Looks like you had a great day! I am glad to know that I am not the only one who likes to make a production out of birthday day, or spend lots of money on pro pics! :) Looking forward to tomorrow night!

    Where is the weed whacker from? That looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mandy! I wasn't certain until too late that it was you at the east this week. I'll be sure to say hello next time. I was picking up Judah and saw Carter and Cole and realized that it had to of been you back on the machines. Congrats on the new fitness goals. You're very inspiring!
    -Lacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day of celebrating! Makes me wanna eat some donuts and pizza and cake...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, happy birthday to Cole! It looks like it was a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun day with your boys!! Happy Birthday to Cole!!

    ReplyDelete