Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cutting Boo's Curls

I think I had to do one of the saddest voluntary things ever this week. We cut Boo's baby curls off.... for several reasons I succumb to this right of passage to boyhood. First of all, I could braid a rat tail, and put beads in it like they did in the 80's (thank God we have better sense now!) Secondly, we were officially living at 1042 Mulletville. Thirdly, when he has his mulloskums removed I don't want his hair in the way. Finally, I was getting more attached every day. If I waited much longer, he was NEVER getting a haircut. I love having boys, but if Boo were a girl, I would let that hair grow and grow. So, the painful day came when we cut the curls off. Here are a few pics. (None during the actual event as daddy needed help with a squirmer.)

A decent picture, but nothing will ever reveal the full cuteness of those curls.


I loved to run my fingers through them while he would sit in my lap. (Tear!)


Boo's gonna do it himself.

He's not so happy about the change either.

Look at that baby boy head. So cute.

Handsome as always.




5 comments:

  1. Aww... he's a big boy now! I know you don't want to hear this, but little boys always look SO much older once they get that haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, he looks so cute! I know what you mean by cutting off the curls. I cut Charlie's hair and every summer I give him his summer cut, all the curls are gone until winter. You gotta love the little round head though, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bubs got a haircut today, too! I love your new background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am impressed with Brian's hair-cutting skills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did Jack's this morning and it just makes him look so much more like a big boy!

    ReplyDelete