Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ramblings...

We have been sooo busy, I hate posting once a week, but that seems like my pattern. Maybe it will get better this summer, maybe. Here is a recap of our week.

I had my interview for Nursery Director last Wednesday. I think it went well. I would really love to do this job... now I just have to wait. They thought they would know something in a couple of weeks... I was the first interview. I hate that. Besides the fact that I am not a patient person to wait for everyone else to interview, I always wonder, by the time they finish interviewing everyone else, will they even remember me? I hope so.

Friday night we went to the River Festival Parade. It was so much fun watching the boys enjoy the parade. Cole was absolutely still the entire time. It was also really hot. Look at everyone's red faces!




Since then he has been marching around the house with this drums, and making the fire trucks follow him. So cute.

Saturday was a big day for me. I ran my first 2-mile race. I did it in 25 minutes. Believe me, I know the time is nothing to be proud of, but I did it, I ran 2 miles! I ran it, and I finished it. My hubby did not take a pic of me jogging across the finish line, but here is a pic a little later in the morning where I did finish... every step.



The rest of the morning was spent enjoying the festival events. We took the boys to see Little Red Hen, walked around a bit, and ate a little festival food. Fun times.



Look how tired this baby was after our Saturday morning events. He couldn't do anything other than snuggle with his daddy.


Mother's Day was nice. The boys allowed me to sleep in (best present ever), then they presented me with cards. We went to church, then had lunch at Terradyne. Sunday evening we went to workout heaven (Andover's New YMCA- more about that later) to take the boys swimming. We got there, got changed, put our feet in the beautiful pool, got barely soaked, and then.... some kid pooped in the pool! EVERYONE OUT! The pool was evacuated, and closed, not more than 5 minutes after we arrived. So...
last night we spent the evening at the pool with the boys again. They loved it. We didn't even get home until 10 o'clock.

Finally, I think we should get our own Grey's Anatomy episode. After a visit to our ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat) doctor, the boys are scheduled for 2 T-tube implantations, 1 Adenoidectomy, and 12 Molluskum removals on May 26th. Poor babies. I do not think this will be the funnest day ever for them, but it has to be done. I just want them to be better. This will be Cole's second set of tubes. His first set is retracted (falling out), infected, and the right one has developed a polyp. I will update when they are better.

So there you have it. Our days start at 6:30, and end at midnight. We never seem to find time to breathe, but I do love The Anderson Shuffle.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been busy! Hope the tubes go well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the run!!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete