Tuesday, April 7, 2009

New Number and Baby Bangs?

So here it is, the new number.... (notice there is no 2 at the beginning!)


I know most people would be devastated to post their scale on a Blog, but I AM SO EXCITED!!!! I cannot remember the last time I have been under 200 lbs. It has been at least 7 years. That also means that as of today I have officially lost 60 lbs. since starting this journey in August. That feels good. I have felt terrible the past 7-10 days with a flu like walking pneumonia. Exhausted, and coughing to the point of no return only touches on my symptoms. So I am super excited that I have been able to continue to lose weight with only half-hearted workouts, but a good diet. So I will trudge on... 55 lbs to go!
Now onto the baby bangs. Last night I got my hair cut and colored, and I told my hairdresser how I always have these baby bangs that stick up... it's not like my hair breaks off, it's too short to do anything with. She told me it is probably because of my new diet. Huh. Never heard of such a thing. I ended up cutting some bangs to maybe try and hide them a little. I will have to post a pic when I look a little better... I've been cleaning all evening.
That is my final topic. I have been cleaning all day and evening because we are going to have lots of company this week. I am starting out by having a dear friend and neighbor over tomorrow night that just lost his wife to a stroke a few days ago. I want to make sure that he is getting some company and warm meals. I am making chicken noodles, mashed potatoes, crescent rolls, and apple cake with a homemade caramel drizzle. I hope he likes it. Then, on Friday, we are having about 40 Moms and Tots over for an Easter Egg Hunt and Picnic in our backyard. What fun!
(I just need to express my constant annoyance that my published posts are never formatted like my original posts... I did not write this in one long paragraph... what is the deal?)

9 comments:

  1. That is awesome Mandy!! :) Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SOO awesome! I need to know what you are doing to loose the weight, are you following a program? Congrats on the weight loss and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!That is so great! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Mandy! I'll need you exercise tips come September!! See you Sat. at Bradley's party!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats again! It's a great feeling isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have those crazy bangs, too! Mine showed up after I had Tru. Isn't that weird?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, congrats, congrats!

    Happy dance, happy dance!

    ReplyDelete