Monday, April 27, 2009

Restaurants, Relatives, Rain, and Resumes...

What do Sugar Sisters Bakery, Panera, Wendy's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Olive Garden, and El Rodeo have in common?

Other than they fact that they are east side restaurants, they all helped contribute to the 2.5 lbs I gained eating at each and every one of them this weekend! First off, don't fret, it is very common for me to gain 2 or so pounds each weekend only to have to start my Monday and Tuesday by re-losing those, and then losing a couple more throughout the week.... if I could only keep those weekend pounds off, but I do love indulging a little on the weekends, so whatever.

Sunday was a very busy day. My Aunt Marie and Uncle Bruce came into town from Texas. They always travel in for their birthday/anniversary trip in April to spend some time with the Kansas family. We went and had dinner with them, and then they came back to our house to play with the boys. Their evening here was concluded when Cole used an orange crayon to color all over our dining room walls, but I will now endorse the Crayola Washable Crayons, and say it all wiped of VERY EASILY with a baby wipe. Thank goodness. I think it sent Brian over the edge for the evening though, so we had to give hugs, and prepare to send our babes to slumber land... one glitch...

If you live in Wichita or any of the surrounding communities, you realize that last night we had quite the rain storms. Carter did fine with it, but Cole told his daddy, "I will just sleep in your bed until the thunder goes away." I think Brian was OK with that, that meant that Brian had to go to bed also, so I got to watch Sunday night TV in total peace. I turned out all of the lights in the house, and just let the lightning flash away. We suffered no damage, but we have some family that have had some flooding issues from the storm. Wichita received somewhere in the 7 inch range in a matter of about 12 hours last night... here is a pic I took. It literally poured for hours.

Finally, resumes.


Yes, that's right I am preparing my resume. Breathe. I am not done being a stay-at-home-mom yet. Not even close in fact. I am applying to be the Director of our Church Nursery on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings. I will still watch kiddos, it would just be some bonus money to pad our pockets a little. I have no clue what my chances of actually obtaining this position are. Although I feel fully qualified (I have nothing other than running church nurseries, Sunday school, VBS, day cares, Early Head Start... you get the point, in my background), this is a larger church, and they may already have their eye on someone. This is how I feel about it. It's in God's hands, and how can I complain about our financial situation if I don't make smart moves to try and improve it. So if God wants me do this job, I will, with joy. And if he does not, that is fine also.

So there you have it... I hate to ramble, so there is a reminder of the rain, restaurants, and relatives we relished in over this restful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mandy! If you do get the Nursery position I'd be happy to share with you what our church does. I was on the Nursery Committee that created the position and helped hire the women that have ran our Nursery the last few years. Best of luck! Anyways on a totally random note I am doing another activity swap. This time is is File Folder games swap instead of the activity bags, but something you still might be of interest in. Each mom should walk away with 20 different file folder games. Topics of the games will be colors, numbers, ABC, sequencing, visual discrimination, size - small - large, etc. Email me at mstout00@cox.net if you want more info or to sign up. Just wanted to keep you in the loop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went camping this weekend and didnt eat great either...I gain 1.2 lbs but hitting the gym this even to start to work it off!

    ReplyDelete