Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Beautiful Bowl

Isn't this a beautiful bowl full of veggies?

This is one of my favorite new kitchen tricks. I am in love with my bowl full of veggies. You see, each Sunday I purchase 1 stalk of celery, 2 cucumbers, 1 bag of baby carrots, 1 green pepper, and 1 container of grape tomatoes. All together, I am sure I spend less than $10 on fresh produce. (I purchase a few other fresh items, but this is the majority.) So I take my veggies home, get out a LARGE bowl, cut the celery, slice the cucumber, cut the pepper, and pour in the tomatoes and carrots. This takes about 10 minutes. I clean the items off, and there you have it, a beautiful array of fresh veggies for the entire week... what to do with all of them?

Well, since they are ready to go, I eat them every day as a side for lunch. I get 1 serving of my favorite salad dressing, and then I make it a challenge to see how many veggies I can eat. I am guessing that I am eating close to 3 servings of veggies at lunch for approximately 75 calories (I don't even count!)

I set the beautiful bowl in the center of the table at dinner, and everyone loves picking out of it. I don't care what they eat, as long as they eat it! I mean really, do you think I am going to say, "Cole please don't eat so much celery!" Ha! Cole is especially loving eating the bowl of veggies, and I think it's fun to see what they are going to pick. Celery and cucumbers are turning out to be favorites, 2 things I probably would have never set on their plate alone.

Make a quick salad. Once you have all of your veggies ready to go, salads are a breeze. Just grab a bag of salad, pull out your veggies, and pick some to throw on. You can have a salad ready in 1 minute flat. To make a salad a meal in a jiff, grab a bag of precooked chicken strips, and throw some heated ones on top. Use either a LITE Honey Mustard, or a Wing Sauce, and you can make salads as good as Doc Green's for 1/3 of the price.

I should mention that I don't store the veggies in the bowl. They are OK in the bowl for a little while, but to keep your veggies as fresh as possible, I store them in a gallon size Ziploc bag with just a little water in it.

Now, go eat your veggies!


5 comments:

  1. Ketofirm Forskolin Reviews What makes the Protein Pantry weight loss method so unique is its long term focus on eating well. Phase 4 of the program is the Maintenance phase. Itis designed to help individuals that have completed the program keep off the weight that they've lost. Clients are given a guide that outlines what they should eat on a typical day, in order to ensure that healthier food choices become a lifetime habit.

    https://fitose.com/ketofirm-forskolin/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keto Slim 7 Reviews There's numerous entire body way of measuring components are available to check regardless of whether you were chubby or perhaps under a healthy weight. One of the most trusted rating can be Body mass index (that represents Bmi) that compute your body muscle size as well as muscle mass pounds using callipers. It is specially used for the people people that experience diabetes mellitus as well as super stress. It procedures the actual exercise along with watches the quantity of foodstuff which is consumed by the pack leader that is suffering from over weight as well as below fat.

    https://fitose.com/keto-slim-7/

    ReplyDelete
  3. IBX Male Enhancement Having a big penis is important in enjoying the sexual pleasures. This is why the male libido enhancers are so very important. There are different methods such as surgery, massage, creams, implants, and lotions. However, the male enhancement pills had been there and will be there because of its effects and convenience. Nevertheless, the use of the pills has reached a new high thanks to the modern science.

    https://fitose.com/ibx-male-enhancement/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even when there is physical damage limiting ability to achieve erection, there is still help with implants. Sometimes the sexual health of a man may be enhanced with counseling. As always, check with your physician and Staminon Reviews don't be coy about recruiting the advice from other medical professionals. Content writer How to Cure Premature Ejaculation , premature ejaculation remedy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When a man can't enjoy sexual activity and can't stay long with his partner, he is apprehensive of something wrong with him. Not only does he feel humiliated that Male Ultracore Reviews he couldn't satisfy his partner, but he himself is really embarrassed. He feels powerless with the situation. However, years old ayurvedic treatment for ED has brought for them a sense of relief.

    ReplyDelete