Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Yep, we're still amongst the living

We've just been having too much fun to blog about it! Here's proof:

Cole had his first Preschool Christmas program. He was one of many reindeer! Very cute, and he managed to have his entire costume removed before the 3rd song. He also almost gave his mommy a heart attack by making many tricky maneuvers on the top step of the risers.

Carter said "Bye, Bye, Baby Bed!!!!!" Literally. He helped daddy take his crib apart, and was a very happy big boy in his new bed.

Mommy was not quite as happy about how the first night went(these are his finger peeking our under the door because he would not stay in his bed), but all in all, it has been a smooth transition...

Side note: I walked into his room the other day, where he was playing. He was opening his closet door (where the crib rails are stored), saying "bye, bye, baby bed", then closing the door, and then doing it over and over again. They are too cute sometimes

January has already brought REALLY cold weather and a little snow... but apparently any snow constitutes a snowball fight here!

And, after about 30 minutes of dressing in all of our winter gear to stay warm, we got to sled on the creek hill for about 15 minutes before I thought my face was getting frostbite. Fun times!
We have started 2010 off really good. I did a "New Year's Day Mini Triathlon" with the YMCA (this was not an actual triathlon, but required me to take a water, cycle, and land class in 3 hours). Brian and I will have our final "Battle of the Bulge" weigh-ins either this week or early next week, and we are both expecting to have lost at least a couple of pounds... at this time of year, I am really happy with that!
So here comes a new decade with high hopes, and big dreams. Yep, we're still amongst the living, and we're doing well. Really, really well.

3 comments:

  1. My family is terrfifc!I am blessed beyond measure. I don't take enough time to tell my wife how much she means to me or her family! Yes, big dreams for a new decade, as long as were together we'll be blessed! I love you Mandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture

    love,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete