Sunday, January 24, 2010

Move

So Move is the angle corner of the weight loss triangle, and like a triangle is made, you can make weight loss either a big, equal, or small angle in the configuration.

Moving can be almost non-existent if you so chose, or it can be a huge part of it. Really, any part eat, will, or move can be that way, but in the end you have to make the angles add up for weight loss. An equilateral triangle has 180 degrees, so in the future I may refer to a perfect day being when you give 180%... working to make your will, movement, and eating balanced. It's tough to always give 180%, but you should always try to find balance. If you eat too much, move more, if you stayed within your calories, or just need a break, move less. You get it... so on to move...

Moving is different for each person. Start slow if you haven't done anything. Here are some tips for moving.

1. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT FOR WEIGHT LOSS... You must find your Target Heart Zone. Click here to find yours. To lose weight, you have to burn fat. To burn fat you have to be in your Target Heart Zone (THZ). Once you find your THZ, divide it by 6. Then while you are exercising, you should be able to reach this number in 10 seconds of taking your pulse.

So for example, my THZ is 124-164. This number divided by 6 is 20-27. So while I am exercising, I stop to look at a clock, start the timer for 10 seconds, and take my pulse. I should be between 20-27 beats by the time the 10 seconds is up. If not, I need to work harder.

If you are willing to invest the money, I think one of the most useful things I have purchased is a Heart Rate Monitor.

It was around $100 at Target, but it's usefulness has been priceless. Basically it is a strap that goes around your chest, and a watch that you wear. After the watch has been set up to your body setting, it will track your heart rate and calories burned for you. One of the things that I think has really been nice for me is exercising can sometimes hurt, but that doesn't mean you are burning calories. When I am lifting weight, I can be lifting some major weight, and be in a lot of pain (momentary of course), but I will check my heart rate and it will be in the 90's. I am not in my THZ, therefore, I am not burning fat. A Heart Rate Monitor keeps me constantly in check, and tells me when to work harder, therefore, working smarter.

2. Find something you love. When you move, don't do something you hate, or you won't have the will to continue to do it. Start slow, and do something you love. As long as you get into your THZ, you are working your heart to make it stronger, and you are burning the calories to shed the weight. Here are some ideas of things you can do to move:
Walk (be sure you are walking fast enough and moving your arms to get your heart rate up)
Run
Bicycle
Play sports with your kids or grand kids
Go to the local gym
Take a swim class
Turbokick or kickboxing
Run Stairs (or just climb them at a moderate pace)
Dance
I have to say I don't feel very creative about what I am offering you for options,but this is also where will comes in. If you want it bad enough, you will just do it.

3. Alternate your workouts. To have a truly rounded workout, you should do cardio several times per week, but you should also lift weights. When I lift weights, I like to add in spurts of cardio to keep my heart rate up while I am lifting. This way I burn calories and build muscle. Also, if you do the same workout day after day, your body becomes used to it, your heart rate will lower, and you will burn less calories, so try new things. Get creative!

4. Don't worry! My motto is: "I don't look good going to the Y, I go to the Y to look good when I'm not there." If I had worried what others thought of me when I walked into the Y on August 15th, 2008, I would have never gone back. I weighed 262 pounds and was wearing a size 24/26. I had to push past what others were thinking (or what I thought others were thinking) and get on a machine. 72 pounds later, I am changing my life a little each day because for once, I could care less for 1 hour a day what others think of me. I wiggle, I jiggle, and I am getting better. Get started. Don't worry. Get better.

Once again, I feel like there are so many things I could talk about, but this is somewhere to begin. Now, go out and start giving your 180%!

6 comments:

  1. Good Job Mandy! I hope to see you tomorrow at class. I'll try to be there at 7 so we can get a good (in the back where the fewest people will be able to see me fall!) :) I'm so glad to see someone sharing the 3 aspects to getting fit...not just a fad diet that can not last a life time! I tried one of those once and that was enough for me! I tend to enjoy my food and lean toward one that would have to exercise more to splurge a bit on my eating!
    Again, thanks for not encouraging folks to cut all carbs, eat all meat, only eat fruits and berries, or only eat some type of soup!! SO NOT realistic...so not doable long term! :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today, there are many health experts available online to help you in giving guidance regarding treatment. Musli Kaunch Shakti capsule is one among the best herbal testosterone booster pills. At present, the above specified cures can be easily availed from online market stores. Best Testosterone Boosters Hence feel free to make use of these remedies as per the need. For effective result, follow healthy lifestyle with regular exercises and nutritious diet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the beginning you will experience very rapid weight loss only for the scale to end up static at a set weight without lowering any more. What happened was that as your body was getting rid of those initial pounds, Best BCAA Supplements it was slowly getting accustomed to your new diet and exercise habits. Once your body got used to the new routine, your weight loss all but ceased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you can see above, I gave you three tips for the best weight loss pills for women. You can have peace of mind if you choose one of these pills Premium Pure Keto recommended weight loss, knowing they have no bad effects. Do not forget to add daily physical activity into your life and change your diet to a healthy diet - something that many people should do anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quit making changes whenever you are pleased with your results, your wellbeing and way of life. Ketozin Among the ideal weight loss advice is to make some considerable adjustments to the way that you look. You have to make healthy modifications to last a lifetime, not search for the next fad quick-fix. You need to be honest with yourself if you're likely to be successful in weight reduction. Should youn't have a reason to drop some weight, and never will. Observing these weight loss strategies for men you'll be capable of losing weight fasst.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With growing age, the levels of testosterone reduce gradually. The testosterone declines gradually at 1% per year from the age of 30. More than 13 million men are suffering from low testosterone. Testosterone Best Testosterone Boosters is required for maintaining healthy bone density, fat distribution, muscle mass and red blood cell production. Higher levels of testosterone are required for maintaining erotic thoughts and higher sex drive in men.

    ReplyDelete