Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Dear Daddy!


I love hearing Cole sing those words. We have been talking a lot about birthdays because our daddy Brian turned 28 today! We had a fun and special day with our daddy. Since he wasn't working we got to spend the WHOLE day with him!

(You know I am not an experienced blogger yet because I didn't have my camera the entire day, but I will share some memories and a couple of pics!)

We started the day off by taking all of the babies to Jimmy's Diner for breakfast. Brian loves pancakes and chocolate milk, so I knew this would start his morning off right.

Then we went to the Great Plains Nature Center. We were a little late for story time, but the lady that runs the center opened up a snake cage, and just dropped a snake in daddy's hands... YUCK, GROSS, EWWWW, GET ME AWAY! Then we spent about an hour touring the nature center. Cole loved pushing the buttons to make the bird sounds and standing around the huge aquarium.

The rest of the afternoon was leading up to this evening... the big surprise. I can't say I have ever done much like this, but I decided to invite 12 of our closest friends and family over for a mini-surprise party for Brian. I cooked Diet Coke Chicken, Green Bean Casserole, and Rolls for dinner and ordered a DQ ice cream cake. I told Brian around 4:45 that I wasn't feeling well and that I needed him to take the kiddos to the YMCA so I could lay down for awhile, then I scurried to clean the house, cook dinner, and set up tables before everyone arrived at 6:30. Brian arrived at 6:45 (thinking he was picking me up to go out to dinner) to find friends and family to wish him a Happy Day! What fun!
I hope he always realizes how much I adore him. One line of the card I bought him says, "And I'll be making another wish- for a hundred more lifetimes to share with you."... now you know what I'm wishing for when I blow out the candles on my birthday cake... Happy Birthday Brian, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment