Sunday, February 22, 2009

That I Mean What I Say When I Say "I Do"

Those are the words that rung true in our lives tonight. They are the words that are in the new Matthew West song found at this link (just double click on When I Say I Do). IT IS WORTH IT TO GO LISTEN TO THIS SONG... it's my new favorite.
Brian and I had our re commitment ceremony at church tonight. I have been a naysayer of this ceremony, but I knew Brian wanted to do it. I realized that I the reason I didn't really want to do this was that I really wanted my family there, but when Brian squeezed my hands (as tightly as the day we were married), I knew what really mattered at that moment was the love that we have for each other, and our commitment before God.

Pastor Jeff Gannon put on a really nice ceremony for the couples
Kind of funny side story... during the ring exchange you may notice this is my promise ring... my wedding ring has a chipped diamond and has been in for repairs for 3 months. It's supposed to be back next week. I sure do miss it, but this promise ring has been around for a long time now, so it was still very special.He tried to steal the kiss early, but I made him wait until Pastor Jeff announced us officially remarried!

It turned out to be a very fun evening for us. I do still love him, and would marry him again any day. I want to do this again someday in Hawaii with our kids. I want them to see and understand the commitment we made to each other and to our family. The theory of "Fireproof" is not that a fire will never come, but that the material is strong enough to withstand the heat. With the firm foundation of God, and our commitment to continue to love each other unconditionally, and forever, the Anderson Family is fireproof.

P.S. - Thanks Stephanie for the pics! You were a great 'Matron of Honor'!!!

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet! My sister-in-law was just telling me about Fireproof & that we really need to see it.

    ReplyDelete