Thursday, February 19, 2009

To Work or Not To Work, That is the Question...

Well, Brian was FINALLY offered 2 different jobs yesterday. I wish I could be more excited, but neither one feels like a perfect fit for our family. I should be excited that he is being offered a job in this economy, but I just don't feel the thrill rushing through my blood like I though I would. Here is a rundown...

Clearwater Golf Course offered him the General Manager position. He would be running both sides of the golf course (pro shop/grounds). The new owners seem so nice, but here's the problem...
1. The offer is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than what we expected. They want to come back with a counter offer today, but is it worth...
2. The 60 minute daily drive
3. The long hours
4. The responsibility of running an entire golf course with only part-time help
5. The fact that he will never get a day off because he will be in charge of that place running?????

Terradyne is expected to offer him the Assistant Superintendent job today. Brian seems really excited about this job... as am I... kind of. It's closer to home. He would get guaranteed time off. He won't have ALL of the responsibility, but enough. So what's the problem...
1. The pay once again does not come close to what we were making at Willowbend...

So to work, or not to work that is the question... When either paycheck is only going to bring in as much as the unemployment we're on now, it's hard to get excited.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck with this tough, tough decision. Always thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete