Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Playdough

I told Cole this morning that while daddy was "working" (actually at an interview with the City of Derby), that we could play Playdough... as you can see he was thrilled!

It always amazes me how those colorful balls of nothingness can excite. Santa brought Cole this Playdough organizer for Christmas. It came with all kinds of tools for him... shots, knives, scissors... how painful and destructive...I'd never noticed the theme... maybe that's why he likes it so much.


We spent time cutting and pressing shapes into the dough. We rolled up snakes and chopped them into pieces, or waved the "scarwy nake" in each others faces.

He also loves making "paghetti"... it takes his entire body to make a heaping pile of pink spaghetti, but oh, so worth it.


Carter Boo wanted desperately to play Playdough also this morning, but I would not let him... do you know what slobbery Playdough looks like? I do! He finally settled on his favorite pastime, putting things in and out of each other... this can be anything... a ball in a cup, a straw into a lid top, anything... today it was putting one shot into another shot.

I really do love mornings like this when things are low key and I can just play with my boys.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun. I bought Sassy a play-doh ice cream shop that we are saving for her birthday. Hopefully she will have as much fun with it as Cole does with his set!

    ReplyDelete