Friday, February 20, 2009

New Adventure

Congratulations Brian! It's time for our family to start a new adventure. At 5:00 this evening our 10-week stint of unemployment ended. Brian accepted a job with Terradyne Golf Course. He will start as their Assistant Superintendent on March the 1st. I know that earlier I did not sound so excited, but I am very thankful to God for blessing our family with this job at a time when the unemployment rates are higher than ever. It doesn't seem like it fits us perfectly, but I know God has a plan for us, so I won't second guess Him.

So we have lots to do before March 1st. First of all we have to have the most fun we can fit into this week. I want to treat this week like a mini-vacation for our family. Next week it's back to work, and boy are we going to miss having our daddy around all day to play with and love on us. The other thing we have to do is to get the house painted... crazy I know, but we had planned on hiring it out, and now we would like to save the money, so Brian is going to do it himself!!! I am not sure about this, but we've painted the inside plenty, so now it's time to try the outside... wish us luck. I am sure it's not that hard. I need to make sure it's warm enough for the paint to cure, but we'll get professional advice before we do something silly.

We do have a fun and busy weekend ahead. This evening 5 other girls and I went to the Women's Fair. If you don't live around here, basically our Expo Center sets up hundreds of boothe's devoted to women. This includes jewelry, purses, chiropractors, salons... if it's for women, it's there. So we went tonight and explored the booths. I bought this necklace which I LOVE! You can take the different pieces off and replace them with others. I am going to go to their store in town and buy about 5 other pieces so I can mix and match the pieces... what fun! While the girls were out the daddies and babies stayed home and had pizza and watched movies. (Don't you wish you were a fly on the wall for that one.)
Tomorrow the boys have swim lessons, and then we have to drop of Carter Boo with Nana so that we can take Cole to see "Jack and The Beanstalk" with the Wichita Children's Theatre. They're having their picnic show, so Cole will get to eat pizza and have POP... his favorite! I would imaging we will squeeze a trip to the paint store into the afternoon, and in the evening our church is having an event where we get to drop off our kiddos for three hours and have Date Night. Fun, fun, fun!
Sunday will be the normal trip to church, and in the evening we will have our final Fireproof session, followed by our vow renewal and a dinner.
Now you know all the details of our weekend. I hope you all have a great one also!

1 comment:

  1. Mandy-

    painting the house-yuck-doesn't sound like fun at all. If Brian needs help, don't hesitate to call us. We are lucky to have generous friends who have helped us out on numberous occasions, so we like to return the favor to others. So, call if you need help!

    Sarah O.

    ReplyDelete