Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentines Day... Uh maybe weekend?


Oh, what a busy Valentine's weekend this has been. Such a good one, but I'm exhausted! It started on Friday evening when some of our best friends told us they would watch the boys so we could go out. So we did a little planning, made some reservations, and gathered all of the gear it takes to care for two toddlers late into the evening... suddenly I realized I had nothing to wear! NO, REALLY, I had nothing dressy to wear. I have lost so much weight that the only pants I own right now are jeans or yoga pants, and a skirt has been out of the question for a couple of years now... so I rushed out to find something... don't laugh, but these legs haven't seen the light of day in quite some time. Cole even said, "what are you wearin' mom?"... " a skirt Cole!"

After dropping the boys off, we headed to The Old Town Warren to watch He's Just Not That Into You. The funniest part of that was that when we arrived, there were no seats left in the theatre except two in the front row, so I headed over towards them and realized that some of our other best friends were going to be sitting right next to us!... I felt like a date crasher... thank you Kristina and Andy for being so gracious and allowing us to sit next to you.

When the movie was over, Brian and I headed to our FAVORITE restaurant, Cafe Bel Ami. It's a tiny cafe downtown. I say that we can only afford to eat there once a year, but I want to lick my plate it's so good. They had a live string quartet there on Friday night, and when we arrived they were playing the Beauty and the Beast theme song. So romantic.

Saturday we went to the YMCA to work off some of our Valentines splurge, and then Brian had two different interviews (I know, so weird to interview on a Saturday.) So while Brian was interviewing I had lunch with Nana and the W-O-Es. We tried Hu Hot. I did enjoy it, and Cole thought it was great getting to watch them cook his food on the "hot, hot, grill".

After lunch we took the boys to get new shoes. Like Nana says, "it would be easier and cheaper to just buy them boxes for their feet." I'm beginning to agree. MY BOYS HAVE HUGE FEET... and you know what they say about boys with huge feet,... huge shoes! Carter is now wearing a size 7.5, and Cole needed a 12. I don't really know how to explain this to someone who doesn't have toddlers with a shoe size to compare this to, but I had to move Cole up to the boys shoes this time instead of the toddlers shoes... he's only 2. It's so hard knowing if you are getting the right shoes for your kids. Cole was so interested in the basketballs they had in the store that I was just chasing him around trying to check the length, and Carter thought that they all crawled the same... uh Carter, ... why don't you try walking in them, please and thank you in advance. Here are some pics of them in their new shoes with their "Valemtimes" from their buddy Mason. Thanks Mason!


Saturday evening we stayed in, cooked chili, and watched movies. Just where I wanted to be, cozied up with the ones I love.

Sunday was another packed day. Church, lunch, a quick trip to Newton to buy the boys some spring digs... (hope they can wear them soon!), followed by dinner, and back to church for our last Fireproof class. Next week at Fireproof our pastor will be renewing our vows. I'm not sure this is how I pictured our vow renewal (a mass of people doing it also), but I think it's important, so we are going to do it.

So, it was a good weekend. Thank goodness we have an extra day to recover. I hope my "Valemtimes" know how much I love them.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun date night. We still want to try that cafe! OK- you are so not joking about those feet. Wow! Addie is barely in a 7... lol! How was Carter's? We are planning a trip to Newton next weekend.

    ReplyDelete