Thursday, March 12, 2009

Falling Out

OK, so I was notified last night that I had fallen out of the blogging world. I am sorry. We have just been so busy... it's hard to decided what to make time for. In the end my family and working out seem to top the list, and blogging has fallen to the wayside several times, but here it is... Since I blogged last the Andersons have been very busy...ALWAYS!? Last Saturday I had a Silpada party. I have to be honest that I was very nervous because I had not gotten a good RSVP response, and the rep was driving in from Kansas City. I called her last Thursday night to cancel, and she told me that she had 2 other parties, so she wanted to keep the party on the books. Saturday I had about 9-10 girls show up, and I ended up having a $1000 party! (Thanks to the last minute book orders that made it a "qualified" party.) I got to pick out $310 worth of jewelry... could a girl be any happier? Here is what I got for FREE!







Saturday night we had a mom's night out with my mom's group... what fun! I mean we had too much fun. We had the pregnant mommies be the DD's, and we went to Margarita's for dinner, drinks, and dancing. I have not partied like that in at least 4 years... and I will probably NEVER party like that again. I know I had 6 shots and 5 margaritas, and I am sure glad we had Lindsey and Laura to get us home, or I would have had to walk. I could barely get out of bed the next morning, but Brian convinced me to go off of the "lifestyle change" for a moment... OK, it's not exactly in the Best Living book to throw back 11 drinks either, but he wanted me to put something heavy in my stomach. So he went and got me a hamburger and fries for lunch (I had not had that since last August)... it was good, and helped A LOT. By Sunday afternoon I was mobile again.

After I recovered Sunday, Brian's mom took us to LB for some new clothes. I am not going to post everything, but I got this dress to wear for Easter, and for the summer.

Other than that I had Bunco on Tuesday night. We ended up being short some girls this month, so we just watched Biggest Loser... does anyone follow it? I liked Mandi... she was quiet, but I think she had a lot of heart like Tara. I would love to see Tara win. All of the girls think that Jillian was really harsh on the black team for their choices at the reward, but I think her point was that when you go into the real world these choices will be set before you every single day... you must resist. One bad choice can blow an entire week. I know it sound like I am preaching, but I'm not. I make bad choices every day. I just think that they are REALLY protected on the ranch, and that they have got to show restraint when they leave, or they will end up where they started. Food is an addiction like any other... drugs and alcohol are Powerful addictions, but you must seek them out, and they are not required to survive. I cannot ever BREAK my addiction to food because I will always have to eat to live... therefore, I have to learn to control my addiction. I think that is what Jillian was trying to teach them.

Well, enough about me.

Brian is really liking his job at Terradyne. He thinks he is going to be doing a lot more management, and less hole digging this summer... that can't be bad right? He is on a much more regular schedule. We miss him during the day, but things seem a little more organized at home also. So it's been a good change for all of us.

I am so ready for Carter Boo to walk. He spend his time pushing this thing everywhere.


We have also been going outside a ton, and now it's too cold again... Carter wants out so bad.


Cole is just like his daddy... he wants to wear shorts ALL of the time. I can't convince him it's cold outside, so I don't even fight the battle most days (I mean it's 74 degrees in the house.)

Finally, Cole wanted me to "take a picture of my blankie". So I did. There you have it. I'm off to play Gator Golf with the boys.

4 comments:

  1. Love the jewelry, love the dress, sad I missed Margarita's, sad that everyone says they will NEVER do that again b/c I want to participate, glas Brian is liking the job, sad Mandi went home, and Sassy has the same blankie (in pink) that she takes everywhere! Whew...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never said I woulnd't do it again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never said I wouldn't do it again either! Mandy would totally do it again. After one drink she was hooked. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's true... it only took about 1 drink for her to call Brian and say she wasn't planning to stop. ;) I, too, would totally love to be all-in next time around. Ian was on-call, so I had to be ready to go home and tend to the baby. Boo. It was SOO much fun, though! Glad you've had a good week and that everything is going well with Brian's job!!

    ReplyDelete