Saturday, March 14, 2009

Well, Thank You Very Much...

... officer. Ughhh. Yep, you guessed it, I got a ticket this evening. I went with Brian's mom this afternoon to get some groceries, and then took her home to drop off hers. When I left her house I took a different route than usual that put me about a block different than when I normally go home... not a big deal right? Not unless that 1 block and a dog on the loose causes you to run a stop sign. (I need to mention that the stop sign I ran is to a side street that is not heavily trafficked.) This is not an excuse to run it, but I was out of sorts watching the dog running around, and suddenly lights and sirens come flying up behind me... I'm not exaggerating... I thought there was a major catastrophe happening somewhere, so still not knowing I had done anything wrong I pull over thinking he is going to fly around me. Instead he pulls up behind me. "Explicative!" I knew it couldn't be good, but what had I done? Well, as I informed you earlier in the story, the officer informed me of my violation. You would think that a cool and calm girl like me with NO PRIOR tickets may get a warning. I did explain that it was an honest accident and that I was very sorry. Oh no, here's an $86 ticket to start off your spring break. Any questions? That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Mandy, that sucks! I just paid my $90 tag ticket from when I got pulled over last month... a block away from the tag office I was on my way to to renew my tag... no joke!

    ReplyDelete