Sunday, March 22, 2009

Walk Boo Walk!

Do you see what I see? Yep, that's our Carter Boo standing alone and taking steps...Praise the Lord, it has finally happened!!!!!



After Cole growing up so quickly, I swore I was not going to push Carter out of babyhood, but my back is aching from carrying him around, and I long for the days of having a free hand to sign a credit card slip at the store...so Friday evening when he decided to take his first steps I could do nothing other than CELEBRATE! He loved chasing this ball around the house. He would pick it up, toss it, and then take 3-5 steps to get it. I know he has a long ways to go before life will get easier, but this is the first step (literally!)



Other than that we spent the weekend with good friends and family.

Saturday we went to celebrate Princess K's 3rd Birthday at the Crown Uptown Theatre. We saw the afternoon showing of Cinderella. It included a lunch buffet... every child's dream... applesauce, mac n' cheese, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, and french fries... not a veggie in site. Happy Birthday K! Cole (and all of the Anderson's) truly adore you, and think you are growing up to be a beautiful little girl.



Saturday evening I made one of my favorite meals... Diet Coke Chicken.

I am giving you the recipe, and requesting you give it a try... even if you don't like Diet Coke... I promise, it doesn't taste like Diet Coke, IT'S DELICIOUS, and it's SO easy. So here it is:

1 can of Diet Coke
1 cup of Ketchup
3-4 chicken breasts chopped into chunks

Combine the three ingredients into a large skillet. (When you pour in the Diet Coke it gets kind of bubbly and gross, but just keep stirring.) When the items are mixed together, bring to a boil for 5 minutes, and then turn down the heat. Keep the temp to where the mixture bubbles, but not a true boil. Bubble the mixture for 45 minutes (without a lid on the skillet)... it should thicken and turn into a saucy mixture that coats the chicken. Serve over rice... yummy! The beautiful thing is that other than occasionally stirring it around a little, it makes itself.

I also made this for dessert Saturday night (I'm not Martha Stewart, but it was delicious... and kind of healthy... fresh berries and reduced fat Vanilla Wafers.)



Well, Spring Break is over, but spring has sprung in Kansas... we're expecting tornadoes tomorrow, better go dust off my ruby slippers!

5 comments:

  1. Aww! Congrats, Big Boy Carter! I'm wondering if maybe I should make Diet Coke chicken for meal swap this month. I'm just not feelin' what I was going to make... Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for Boo! What an accomplishment. I am definitely going to try the Diet Coke chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for walking! That dessert looks delicious, how do you make that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Princess K love you, too! Looking forward to Cole coming over to play Princess Memory!

    ReplyDelete