Friday, March 13, 2009

I'll Give You 30 Days...

Ok, so here is the new workout video I bought Tuesday night after Bunco.
It was on sale at Target this week, so I figured what the heck. May as well try something new. So I came home Tuesday night excited to give it a go. I mean it only takes 20 minutes... how bad can it be? So I laced up my sneakers and headed to the living room. I'm not sure I can be called in shape yet, but I do put on my running shoes five times a week, so although I thought myself to be more of a Level 2 or 3, I decided I would start at the very beginning and see what it was all about. "Let's start with a 2 minute warm-up"... no problem. "Now into push ups"... OK. "Squats with presses at the end."... feeling the burn. "Another round of push up"... you're strong keep it up... "Next set of squats with presses"... I'm out!
The whole philosophy of the video is that she is going to burn as many calories as possible off of your body in 20 minutes, so everything is timed, and there are NO RESTS in between. You do 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs.
Here are my 2 complaints about this video (and most videos in general):
1. Who taught personal trainers how to count? I get sick and tired of them saying "Ok, a couple more"... and 20 reps later... in my book couple means 2.
2. The video claims to take 20 minutes, and when I finished it had been 27 minutes and 32 seconds. Not to be a stickler, but in this day and age EVERY second counts.
What I love about this video:
1. It was still a fast workout.
2. It worked my ENTIRE body.
3. Jillian states during the video... I know this is hard, but if I am going to tell you I will get the job done, I must live up to that standard, and deliver a workout video that will get the job done.
So, I'll give you 30 days Jillian. I will faithfully use your video one time per day, and give it 100% effort. What can you do for me?
Stay tuned.

1 comment: