Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Spring Break!

First off, the big reveal... here is the house with the finished paint! Way to go Brian... thank you for being so patient with me... I love you!
BEFORE:


AFTER: ( I can't wait for leaves on the trees, and the green grass to grow!)


It's been such a FUN and busy spring break... I have truly taken this week as a vacation. The laundry is piling up, the dishes aren't (only because I haven't cooked), and the house, well let's just say it needs a little sprucing up, but oh what a fun week we have had. I have TOTALLY slacked on the "what a good mom does" duties, and gone more for "what a mom on vacation does"... for example, I found the boys eating this for breakfast yesterday... AND ALLOWED IT!


Yep, those are ice cream filled root beer popsicles.

Monday I took Cole to a birthday party at Pump It Up. For those of you unfamiliar with the facility, it has several of those large inflatable slides and jumping houses. Cole loves it, and it is truly fun for them. I got to have a little fun also. There is a maze that Cole goes in there, and always gets stuck, so I had to follow him through the maze to get him unstuck... a good excuse for a great time.
Tuesday and Thursday we spent at the zoo. I don't think the boys will ever get tired of the zoo. Wichita has such a beautiful zoo, and it truly takes hours to get through it. I love asking Cole all of the things he wants to see when we go... this week it was the cows, and the "chimpangees". We got to watch the "chimpangees" eating their "big, big carrots" for lunch. Carter growled at everything. It's so much fun to watch him begin to understand the zoo.



Such a brave little baby to growl in the face of a gorilla!


Oh yes, and we can't forget Bolt. We went to see Bolt the movie this week... who would have guessed that two toddlers could finish 2 suckers, 2 boxes of Junior Mints, a popcorn, and a drink... and still only be 30 minutes into the movie! We had to leave before we got kicked out! (I am pretty sure they were on the way to kick us out as we were leaving... really!) OH WELL!

We also spent time at the Sedgwick County Park and the Duck Park this week. After all of that and squeezing time in for lunch with Nana, daddy, and the W-O-E's, the week is pretty much over... so sad.

So there you have it... Spring Break in review.

Now, a quick 30 Day Shred update... I am still committed to the Shred. I actually completed all three levels in one workout the other night. It took me almost an hour and a half, but I felt so good! I really like this workout. The only problem I am facing right now is that I think if I work it that hard I am going to have to do it every other day to give my muscles a day to repair themselves. So next week I think I will do The Shred on MWF and go to the Y on T/TH for just some cardio. It is a GREAT workout, and I can already see my body toning up from it. I am wearing all size 16's now. When I started this journey in August I was in a size 24, and that was even sometimes too small! I can buy my clothes off the rack at Old Navy and Target now! IT FEELS SO GOOD!

We're going out with a great friend for her birthday dinner tonight, and I can't wait! Happy Birthday K! Happy first day of Spring to you all!

3 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with a Mom taking a little vacation! You deserve it! Have fun tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great spring break! Congrats on the weight loss!! It's awesome to have some tangible confirmations that you're doing such a great job. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete